Simplified small group business rules
Earlier this year we modified specific underwriting rules to make the small group enrollment process easier for your clients. Here are some highlights:
- 75 percent of benefit-eligible employees must enroll or show proof of other valid coverage. There is no minimum participation requirement for dependents.
- Valid waivers include those waiving for other group or individual coverage.
- Employee-only contracts are available.
- Our Annual Census form is simpler and no longer requires a signature. You may use a non-PHP census form if you wish, as long as it contains all of the information requested on the PHP Annual Census form.
As a reminder, we have the following multiple plan option requirements:
- A small group employer may choose up to three different plans to offer employees.
- For 2014, the richest plan's premium rate must be no greater than 20 percent more than the leanest plan's premium rate.
Find the small group enrollment forms online or together in an
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call your small group account manager directly, or our producer sales team line at 503-574-6300 or toll-free at 877-245-4077.