Preferred retail pharmacy network expansion
All Safeway stores nationwide and Yoke's Food in eastern Washington and Idaho are the newest additions to our preferred retail pharmacy network.
What are preferred pharmacies?
- Commercial and ASO members: At preferred pharmacies, a member may fill up to a 90-day supply of maintenance prescriptions. The member will pay their applicable "mail-order" copay or coinsurance for a 90-day supply.
- Medicare members: At preferred pharmacies, members will pay $4 per 30-day supply and $12 per 90-day supply of generic medication. In addition, members will not have to pay network differential charges for 90-day supplies.
- 90-day supplies also are available from participating mail-order pharmacies.
Who are our other preferred participating pharmacies?
- Fred Meyer
- Kroger stores (nationwide)
- Walgreens (nationwide)
- All Providence Pharmacy locations
Can other standard retail pharmacies become preferred pharmacies?
Yes, any retail or community pharmacy that meets Providence Health Plan's conditions of participating and fully executes a preferred retail pharmacy contract may become part of this network. If you receive a request from a pharmacy that would like to become a preferred pharmacy, please direct them to contact the pharmacy services team.
To find preferred retail pharmacy locations nationwide, visit our provider directory and use the search function, or contact the pharmacy services team.