Oregon and Idaho Tax on Dependent Benefits

Though exempt from federal tax, benefits allowed by the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act provision for adult children up to the age of 26 may be taxed by the states of Oregon and Idaho. Producers should advise their groups to consult a tax professional or contact their state department of revenue for answers to any tax-related questions.