Providence Portability Coverage
What is Portability coverage?
If you are an employee or member whose coverage terminated under Providence Health Plan group coverage, you may be eligible for Portability coverage through Providence Health Plan. While you can also apply for a Providence Individual and Family Plan, Portability coverage is available on a guaranteed issue basis, which means that your medical history is not considered in determining whether you are eligible to enroll.
Eligibility requirements that apply to all members:
- You must be an Oregon resident.
- You must be continuously covered by an Oregon group plan for 180 days. The entire 180 days does not need to be on Providence Health Plan, but Providence Health Plan must be the last carrier; or
- Be covered for 18 or more months under Creditable Coverage.
- You have 63 days from the date their Providence Health Plan group coverage ends or 30 days from the date of original notification –whichever is later. The member must have no break in coverage and is responsible for premiums from the first date of Portability coverage.
- Portability plans are not federally qualified. Coverage available has been mandated by the state; exceptions are not available.
Portability plans and rates
Portability plan benefits and premiums will differ from those of your former employer group plan. The type of plan you qualify for will depend on the type of employer group coverage you had previously. Call Customer Service at 503-574-7500 or 1-800-878-4445 to request a Portability coverage packet.
Portability resources and forms