Your health plan coverage may include vision benefits. If you have vision coverage, your member materials will indicate plan coverage and benefits. To view your health plan benefits, log in to myProvidence.
Providence Health Plan partners with VSP Vision Care, the only national not-for-profit vision company. VSP offers:
- The best care
- Low out-of-pocket costs
- Hundreds of frame options from classics to designer brands
Learn more about VSP's most popular lens options and pricing.
How to use your VSP benefits
- Review your member material, including your benefit summary.
- Use the provider directory to locate an in-network provider. When searching for a provider, choose "routine vision services" from the Provider Type drop-down to the right of your search results.
- Schedule an appointment with your VSP provider. Tell the scheduler that you have VSP.
Tip: When you access care from a VSP provider, you'll need your 17-digit VSP member ID number. Your VSP member ID is your Providence Health Plan member ID number* plus your Providence Health Plan Group number. Both numbers are located on the front of your member ID card. Be sure to provide all 17 digits when contacting VSP regarding eligibility, services, benefits or claims.
* Each plan participant has a unique member ID number. Be sure to reference or provide the card of the individual who is receiving services.
Other vision perks
As a Providence Health Plan member, you have access to discounts through TruVision, Northwest Vision Associates and Visionworks. These discounts are available to you regardless of your medical plan selection, and include discounts on products and services, such as LASIK, contact lenses, eyeglasses and eye exams. Find out more.
Tips to take care of your eyes
There are things you can do to keep your eyes healthy. In addition to regular vision checkups, see what you can do.
Plan benefits and in-network providers
Vision benefits and provider networks vary by plan. Please talk with your benefit administrator or refer to your member materials for information about your specific plan benefits. Your benefit summary includes details regarding covered benefits, in-network providers and copays, coinsurance and deductibles. In the event that there is a discrepancy between information on this page and your plan contracts, the plan contracts govern.