Pediatric dental benefits
A healthy smile can help maintain overall health
Tooth decay is the leading childhood disease in America; yet, it’s completely preventable. A quality dental plan can mean better health, fewer sick days and a better smile. Make the most of your child’s health with Providence pediatric dental plan benefits.
Pediatric dental benefits are included in many Providence health plans. To see if your medical plan includes pediatric dental benefits, check your member materials by logging into myProvidence and selecting the "Member Material" link under "My Health Plan."
Dental benefits at a glance
If your health plan includes pediatric dental coverage, your enrolled dependents up to age 19 have access to:
- Preventive services (e.g., routine exams, bitewing X-rays and cleanings) which are covered in full when services are received from an in-network dentist
- More than 210,000 in-network dentists across the nation
- No waiting periods
Need help getting started?
- Review your member material, including your benefit summary, to confirm dental coverage and specific dental benefits. You’ll find your summary in our secure member website, myProvidence.
- Visit our online provider directory to locate a participating dentist. On the right side of the provider directory screen, select “Routine Dental Services” from the Provider Type drop down field. Select the orange “Go” button.
- Schedule an appointment with an in-network dentist to make the most of your dental benefits.