Tired of the weight roller coaster? Tired of trying the latest fad diet? Just tired of being tired? We hear you. Proper nutrition – a stable, consistent approach to it – is essential for peak body performance and preventing health concerns.
Whether you're looking to lose weight, want to eat smarter, or battling an eating disorder, you and your dependents have access to nutritional counseling benefits. The first four visits are covered in full, meaning that you pay nothing out of pocket for these services. After your fourth visit, additional visits are paid according to your “office visits” benefit. See your member materials for your plan's benefits.
Why nutritional counseling?
We encourage you to fully understand and use your health plan benefits. When you access nutritional counseling services, you'll benefit from:
- A personalized plan. You'll work with a nutrition counselor to develop a plan that works from where you are. Your needs will be thoroughly assessed and analyzed to develop a plan and pace that's right for you.
- A healthier you. Proper nutrition and appropriate exercise will provide you enough energy to make it through each day. Without a proper diet and exercise level, you're at risk for health concerns.
- Knowledge of foods that aren't scary and that taste good. Good nutrition isn't limited to bland, boring veggies. When you work with a nutrition counselor, you'll learn that there are foods that are not only good for you, but also taste good.
Providence nutrition resources are available
Regardless of where you live, Providence offers services that are close to home. Learn more about Providence's nutritional evaluation and counseling programs.
Find the provider that's right for you
Additional providers and programs are available. To find the provider that's right for you, search our online provider directory:
- Visit our provider directory.
- In the “Members” section, enter your member ID; select the orange “Go” button.
- On the right side of the screen in the Provider Type drop down field, select “Specialists.”
- In the “Specialty” field, select “Nutrition.”
- Click the orange “GO” button.
- You'll receive a list of providers who can help you with your health need.
Make the most of your life, your health. Use your nutritional counseling benefits to help you stay well.