Save with generics
Make the most of your pharmacy benefits by starting with the basics:
- Choose generics. Tell your provider that cost matters. Make the switch from a brand name prescription drug to a generic medication. You’ll save!
- Be smart about prescriptions; know the facts about generics:
- Generic drugs are available for the treatment of most health conditions and are subject to a lower copayment or coinsurance.
- Generic drugs are safe and effective when used as directed.
- Generic drugs are equivalent to their brand-name counterparts in safety, dosage, strength and effectiveness.
- Generic drugs meet the same standards set by of the Food and Drug Administration for brand-name medications.
- Save time and money with fewer trips. Maintenance medications – medications that you take on a regular basis – can be purchased through a mail order or preferred pharmacy. You can receive up to a 90-day supply of that medication – saving you time and money! See a complete list of our preferred retail and mail order pharmacies.
- Use participating pharmacies. With more than 25,000 pharmacies nationwide, it’s easy to locate a participating pharmacy that’s conveniently located near where you live or work.
- Additional pharmacy resources. See a list of Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved prescription generic, brand name and specialty medications that minimize your out-of-pocket expense.