Get Healthier, Together with HEM 2017
Participate in HEM
Congratulations for deciding to participate in the health engagement model. HEM is not just about controlling costs – although that’s part of it. HEM is also about giving you information to become healthier. Once you have information about your health status, we’ll provide tools that are easy to find and use to help minimize your health risks.
Success in HEM
If you signed up for the HEM, take two steps this year – that’s all – to be successful:
- You complete the confidential, online personal health assessment. Log into myProvidence and select the blue "Go Now" button. This year, your spouse/domestic partner is not required to complete the health assessment.
- Enroll in HEM when you enroll in your benefits during Open Enrollment. Then, complete two health actions before next year’s open enrollment. Actions are nearly limitless. Here are a few examples:
- Have a preventive care screening
- Use myProvidence’s health tracker
- Enroll in Express Care Virtual
- Sign up for health coaching
- Participate in HealthyTeam Healthy U
- Take advantage of the Exercise Rewards program
- Participate in Weight Watchers; it’s fully covered for subscribers, covered spouses, domestic partners and dependents age 10 and older
- Take a yoga class
- Hike or bike
- Jump rope with your kids
- Participate in a local walk, run or activity-based event (such as Race for the Cure, Free to Breathe, the Brain Tumor Walk, the Muddy Rudder, etc.)
Have questions? Learn more about HEM by reading answers to frequently asked questions.