DirectLine to Healthcare now covers more conditions
Late this spring,, Providence launched an innovative new program for PEBB members: DirectLine to Healthcare. This program is designed to speed access to physical therapists in order to quickly care for back pain. The program is now being expanded to cover additional conditions, including shoulder, hip and knee pain.
No more waiting
If a Providence rehabilitation representative finds that your pain is "uncomplicated," you will be offered access to a Providence physical therapist within 48 business hours for:
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
Take care of your pain quickly
If you or a family member experience back, shoulder, hip, or knee pain, here are the steps to access care quickly:
- Call a Providence rehabilitation facility.
- Let the representative know that you are a PEBB member calling for a DirectLine appointment. Be sure to use the words PEBB and DirectLine in your request for services.
- Answer a short set of questions asked by the Providence rehabilitation representative. Your answers will help determine if your pain is "uncomplicated" to ensure that you receive the level of service that will meet your needs.
- Visit a rehabilitation facility. An appointment will be offered to you to visit a Providence physical therapist within 48 business hours.
What to expect from your rehabilitation services
The DirectLine to Healthcare program is designed to speed access to rehabilitation care. The care you receive from a physical therapist will likely include an evaluation and an exercise treatment plan. It does not include modality-based rehabilitation services, such as massage therapy. In order to make the most of these benefits, please visit your physical therapist and commit to a program designed to meet your unique pain needs.
Compelling results: satisfied members
- Patient satisfaction with the service is extremely high.
- The length of treatment time has reduced from 67 to 18 days.
- The cost of DirectLine to Healthcare is approximately 27 percent less compared to the old model of care.
For more information
If you have questions about how to access care for your lower back, should, hip and knee pain, call 800-423-9470 or e-mail to reach a Providence Health Plans Customer Services representative. More.