Welcome, PEBB Providence Choice Members
Providence Choice is a patient-centered medical-home plan. A medical home plan is a team-based health care delivery model that is led by a health care provider. This model of care is designed to provide comprehensive, appropriate and personal medical care with the goal of obtaining optimal health outcomes. Your medical home team coordinates all of your health care needs, including referrals when needed. If you choose, you can receive care that is not provided or coordinated by your medical home care team, but you'll have higher out-of-pocket costs. Clinics that are part of the Providence Choice medical home plan network are recognized by the Oregon Health Authority as Patient-Centered Primary Care Homes. Recognition is based on access to care, care coordination, quality and cost. Enroll in this plan if you live or work (at least 50 percent of the time) in the plan's service area.
Approved medical homes are located in Clark, Klickitat and Skamania counties in southwest Washington and most counties in Oregon.
Learn more about the Providence Choice plan and this patient-centered approach to health care.
Why choose and use a medical home?
- You’ll save. You’ll have lower out-of-pocket costs when you access care from or have care coordinated by your medical home team. Be sure to communicate your medical home selection to save when you receive care. See how.
- If you choose to see a provider outside of your medical home, or a specialist who has not been referred by your medical home, you're covered with 30 percent coinsurance benefits (50 percent on the Providence Choice part-time plan) for most out-of-plan health services. See your benefit summary for details.
- You’ll be known. You’ll benefit from a personal and holistic approach to taking care of your health with a dedicated team of health professionals. Your care team, led by a dedicated provider and made up of health professionals, gets to know you and your unique needs.
- You'll be connected. You'll have easy and convenient access to care, e-visits and electronic medical records.
- Your care will be coordinated. Your dedicated health team will help coordinate health care services, including coordinating treatment plans and specialty care, when needed.
Important note: You must communicate your medical home selection(s) to benefit from the cost savings the Providence Choice plan offers. Here's how to let us know your selection.
At Providence Health Plan we respect the privacy of your protected health information. Your health care is a personal matter, and we are committed to protecting your confidentiality. We may share your protected health information with others as part of your treatment, to provide payment for your treatment, or during our business operations. Learn more about how we protect your health information.