Health and wellness resources
With a Providence Health Assurance medical plan, you can use these free resources:
Starting January 2018, you can get free help from a health coach through the Providence Health Coaching Program. They can help you reach a health goal:
Get started with a health coach ›
- Managing or losing weight
- Eating better
- Quitting tobacco
- Preventing or managing diabetes
- Controlling stress
- Getting better sleep
Providence Care Management is a team of patient assist specialists, clinical support workers and registered nurses.
They can help with:
- Finding a doctor
- Scheduling a ride to see your doctor
- Finding a provider for the care you need:
- Primary doctor
- Counselor or mental health provider
- Answering medical questions
- Finding your way through the health care system. For example:
- Who to see
- What hospital to choose
- Coordinating care when you see more than one doctor
- Health education
If you need an interpreter, please let them know. This is a free service for you. You can call them at 800-662-1121, TTY: 711,, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Quitting takes practice, patience and support. Providence is here to help you.
- Providence Health Coaching Program (beginning January 2018) - Work one on one with a health coach to come up with a personalized plan and help you reach your goal. Get started online or call 503-574-6000 or 888-819-8999, TTY: 711..
- Online program - The American Lung Association of Oregon's Freedom From Smoking® program offers a lot of options to help you quit smoking. To learn more about the online program, please visit the Freedom From Smoking® Online website.
- Telephone program - Quit for Life is designed for smokers who want a structured program but cannot attend a regular class. To register, please call 866-QUIT-4LIFE (1-866 784-8454), TTY: 711. This program is free for Providence Health Assurance members.
Ride to Care
Do you need a ride to your doctor appointment? Ride to Care provides free, non-urgent rides for covered appointments. They can also help you with other items like bus tickets or mileage reimbursement. You can call them at 1-855-321-4899 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your Health Share of Oregon member handbook can tell you more about this. You can also learn more online.
Health and exercise classes
As a Providence Health Assurance member, you can take Providence health and wellness classes – many at a discount. Take a fitness class, like Zumba or yoga, or learn more about a health issue.
The health library has thousands of articles to help you understand health conditions, prescription drugs and what you and your family can do to stay or be more healthy. Search articles, take a quiz, or try out the symptom checker.
Want to learn more about how to improve your health? Find articles on getting more active and caring for your emotional well-being, recipes and tips on eating healthfully, and where to find support that works for you.