With a Providence Health Assurance medical plan, you can use these free resources:
Starting January 2018, you can get free help from a health coach through the Providence Health Coaching Program. They can help you reach a health goal:
Get started with a health coach ›
- Managing or losing weight
- Eating better
- Quitting tobacco
- Preventing or managing diabetes
- Controlling stress
- Getting better sleep
Providence Care Management is a team of patient assist specialists, clinical support workers and registered nurses.
They can help with:
- Finding a doctor
- Scheduling a ride to see your doctor
- Finding a provider for the care you need:
- Primary doctor
- Counselor or mental health provider
- Answering medical questions
- Finding your way through the health care system. For example:
- Who to see
- What hospital to choose
- Coordinating care when you see more than one doctor
- Health education
If you need an interpreter, please let them know. This is a free service for you. You can call them at 800-662-1121, TTY: 711,, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Quitting takes practice, patience and support. Providence is here to help you.
- Providence Health Coaching Program (beginning January 2018) - Work one on one with a health coach to come up with a personalized plan and help you reach your goal. Get started online or call 503-574-6000 or 888-819-8999, TTY: 711..
- Online program - The American Lung Association of Oregon's Freedom From Smoking® program offers a lot of options to help you quit smoking. To learn more about the online program, please visit the Freedom From Smoking® Online website.
- Telephone program - Quit for Life is designed for smokers who want a structured program but cannot attend a regular class. To register, please call 866-QUIT-4LIFE (1-866 784-8454), TTY: 711. This program is free for Providence Health Assurance members.
Ride to Care
Do you need a ride to your doctor appointment? Ride to Care provides free, non-urgent rides for covered appointments. They can also help you with other items like bus tickets or mileage reimbursement. You can call them at 1-855-321-4899 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your Health Share of Oregon member handbook can tell you more about this. You can also learn more online.
Health and exercise classes
As a Providence Health Assurance member, you can take Providence health and wellness classes – many at a discount. Take a fitness class, like Zumba or yoga, or learn more about a health issue.
Want to learn more about how to improve your health? Find articles on getting more active and caring for your emotional well-being, recipes and tips on eating healthfully, and where to find support that works for you.