You're covered in the great northwest and beyond
One million providers – that's a lot. We take great care to contract with the highest quality providers that offer compassion as they practice evidence-based medicine.
Find a provider near you
Because Providence Health Plan contracts with nearly 1 million providers, chances are that you'll find exactly the provider you're looking for. Search in the online provider directory. To optimize your search:
- Access the online provider directory.
- Enter your member ID number or select "Coverage through my employer," then the Providence Signature Network in the drop down menus to search for providers.
- If you select a ZIP code outside of Oregon and southwest Washington, you will receive search results near that ZIP code.
- If you need help locating a provider, please contact customer service at 800-878-4445.
Tips for receiving care outside the northwest
- Bring your member ID card with you to each appointment.
- Tell the provider you are a Providence Health Plan member receiving care through MultiPlan-PHCS/ First Choice network. The MultiPlan/PHCS and First Choice network logos are on the back of your member identification card.
Seeing an out-of-network provider?
Your out-of-pocket costs for care received from out-of-network providers will be higher, except for emergency care. You may need to submit a claim form for reimbursement. When the cost of out-of-network services exceeds usual, customary and reasonable charges, you are responsible for paying the provider any difference.
Health education reimbursement
Providence Health Plan members outside of the Portland service area have access to a health education reimbursement. To qualify the following must apply:
- Take a class offered through Providence-contracted facilities. If you are looking for a facility outside of Oregon and southwest Washington, find contact information for a Providence-contracted hospital by visiting the online provider directory. You can also call the Providence Resource Line at 800-562-8964 with any questions.
- Pay for the class in full. Then, complete the Providence Health Plan Health Education Reimbursement form (PDF) and follow instructions on the form to receive reimbursement.
- Enjoy your class!
If you have any questions regarding classes and reimbursements, please contact the Providence Resource Line at 503-574-6595 or 800-562-8964, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.