The following are answers to common questions about Columbia’s InsideOut Wellness Premium Discount Program:
InsideOut is Columbia’s employee wellness program that includes a $300 wellness premium discount per year toward your annual medical plan premiums. You receive this discount when you take specific health actions, earn points and record them in Wellness Central.
Columbia Sportswear believes that promoting health and well-being is good for employees and the company. When we all engage in our health, we live healthier and our health insurance costs go down – good for Columbia and for you.
All United States-based Columbia Sportswear employees who are enrolled in one of Columbia Sportswear’s medical plans.
If you’re a Kaiser Permanente member,
- Register for a new account at myProvidence.com or use the same myProvidence login information you used for last year’s InsideOut Wellness Premium Discount Program.
- If you don’t have a myProvidence account, please use your special access code noted in your benefits packet or contact InsideOut@Columbia.com to obtain the special access code.
You must take the Wellness Pledge each year during open enrollment to enroll in the program. This year open enrollment is April 15-30. Then earn 300 points by competing qualifying health actions and track your health actions in Wellness Central between March 1 and July 31. That’s all it takes to save $300 in health insurance premiums in 2019-2020.
Yes. You’ll need to track health actions you take. For most health actions, when you check the box next to a specific health action you’ve completed, your points will automatically populate in Wellness Central. If you complete the personal health assessment or health mission, points will automatically be populated. Once you have 300 total points, you’ll receive your insurance premium discount.
Once you complete a health action, follow these steps to track your health action and the points you earn:
- Log into Wellness Central, located in your secure myProvidence account
- Self-report your health action:
- Under the Activity Summary in the middle of the page, click on the health action you completed. You’ll see a Healthy Habits page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Healthy Habits page and check the box next to the health action you completed.
- Select the Update button; your points will automatically populate.
- Reach 300 health action points to earn a $300 health insurance premium discount.*
*You do not need to notify Columbia once you reach 300 points.
Wellness Central will automatically track your points once you indicate that you completed a health action. To see how many points you’ve earned, access Wellness Central by logging in to your myProvidence account. In the center of your Wellness Central landing page screen under Activity Summary, see the Total Points row.
There are two main benefits of participating in InsideOut. First, you’re making a commitment to better health, and ultimately a more fulfilling life. And second, you’ll earn a discount on your monthly insurance premium, keeping $300 in your wallet.
The InsideOut program runs from March 1 through July 31, 2019. You need to complete health actions and record them in Wellness Central by July 31, 2019.
When you take the Wellness Pledge during open enrollment, you’re then enrolled in the InsideOut Wellness Premium Discount Program starting with the first pay period in June. To maintain your discount the remainder of the benefit year, track your healthy activities in Wellness Central and earn 300 points by July 31, 2019. If you miss this deadline, your premium discount will no longer apply starting in September’s payroll.
If you have questions about the InsideOut Wellness Premium Discount Program, email InsideOut@Columbia.com.
If you need help logging in to your account or resetting your password, call the myProvidence Help Desk at 877-569-7768.
NOTE: If you are not a Providence member, you will need to register with the special access code "Columbia."