The following are some commonly asked questions and their answers about Columbia’s Wellness Credit:
The Wellness Credit provides a $300 credit per year on your annual medical plan premiums. You receive the credit when you take specific health actions and record them in Wellness Central.
Columbia Sportswear believes that promoting health and well-being is good for employees and the company. When we all engage in our health, we become healthier and happier.
All U.S. based Columbia Sportswear employees who are enrolled in one of Columbia Sportswear’s medical plans.
If you’re a Kaiser Permanente member,
- Register for a new account at myProvidence.com or use the same myProvidence login information you used last year.
- If you don’t have a myProvidence account, use your special access code noted in your benefits packet, or contact AskHR@columbia.com to obtain the special access code.
To enroll in the program, you must elect the Wellness Credit each year during open enrollment. This year open enrollment is April 15-30. You’ll also need to complete the required health actions and track these health actions in Wellness Central (between March 1 and July 31). That’s all it takes to earn a $300 credit on your health insurance premiums in 2020-2021.
You’ll need to take the personal health assessment and record your preventive screenings in Wellness Central.
Follow these steps to complete your health actions in Wellness Central:
- Log into Wellness Central, located in your secure myProvidence account
- Take the personal health assessment; points will automatically populate upon completion.
- Record your preventive screenings:
- Under the Activity Summary in the middle of the page, click on the preventive screening you completed. You’ll see a Healthy Habits page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Healthy Habits page and check the box next to the preventive screening you completed. Complete the requested information.
- Select the Update button; your points will automatically populate.
You do not need to notify Columbia Sportswear once you complete your activities. As a reminder, to be eligible for the wellness credit, you’ll also need to elect the Wellness Credit in Workday during open enrollment.
There are two main benefits of participating in the Wellness Credit. First, you’re making a commitment to better health, and ultimately a more fulfilling life. And second, you’ll earn a discount on your health insurance premiums, keeping $300 in your wallet.
You must take the personal health assessment and record your preventive screenings in Wellness Central between March 1 and July 31, 2020. Screenings must be completed between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020 to receive credit.
When you elect the wellness credit during open enrollment, you’ll see your credit appear starting with the first pay period in June. To maintain your discount the remainder of the benefit year, track the required health actions in Wellness Central by July 31, 2020. If you miss this deadline, your wellness credit will no longer apply starting in September’s payroll.
If you need help logging in to your account or resetting your password, call the myProvidence Help Desk at 877-569- 7768. If you are a Kaiser member, let the Help Desk know you are using a Special Access Code. The code is “Columbia”.