Explanation of hearing aid coverage
Providence covers up to two hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing. Copayments and fees for hearing aids and exams are covered in the chart below.
- 14 channels
- 4 programs
- 6 styles
- Advanced features
|$699 copay per aid
- 17 channels
- 4 programs
- 9 styles
- Premium features
|$999 copay per aid
|Initial hearing exam
- 2 hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing
- 3 follow-up visits with an in-network provider for fitting and adjustment of hearing aids
- 45-day trial period
- 3-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and one-time loss and damage replacement
- 48 batteries per aid
Hearing aid selection
TruHearing Flyte hearing aids come in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles to fit your needs. Other important features include:
- Smartphone compatibility*
- Latest DSP technology for a more natural hearing experience
- High performance in noisy situations
- 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity
- 4 programs
- Up to 9 styles in a variety of colors
Flyte hearing aids connect directly to iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® Touch devices. Connectivity also available to many Android phones with use of a phone clip accessory.
How to get hearing aids
- Call TruHearing at 1-855-205-6211.
- A TruHearing hearing consultant will verify your coverage and help you set up a hearing exam with an audiologist or hearing instrument specialist in your area.
- If hearing loss is discovered, your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist will help you choose the right hearing aids and order them through TruHearing.
- When the hearing aids arrive, you’ll return to have them fitted and programmed by your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist.
Three follow-up visits must be used within one year after the date of initial purchase. 45-day trial period and hearing aid returns, repairs and replacements subject to provider and manufacturer fees. For questions regarding fees, contact TruHearing customer service.
To get started, call TruHearing to schedule a hearing exam today: 1-855-205-6211. Please note the Providence Medicare Advantage Prime plan and some group Medicare plans do not include this benefit. Call TruHearing to verify coverage.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year.
Medicare has neither reviewed, not endorsed this information.