Providence MCO: Helping manage workplace injuries
Providence MCO is a state-certified managed care organization designed to complement your claims management program for workers' compensation claims. Providence MCO helps insurers and self-insured employers get quality care for injured employees while at the same time reducing unnecessary costs associated with work injuries.
What we offer
We offer a wide variety of benefits to help employers and employees through a time of injury such as:
- Access to a managed panel of providers throughout Oregon. Your employees enjoy the flexibility to choose the right providers for their specific needs.
- Local nurses and a local service team.
- Licensed and credentialed staff to work with your employees and claims examiners in medical management of injury care.
- Discounted rates for your employees who receive services from Providence MCO contracted providers and facilities.
- An early-return-to-work initiative that keeps employees productive during recovery. This initiative is complemented by our extensive utilization review and treatment guidelines promoting aggressive medical management to ensure that your employees are receiving the best possible care.
- Ability to financially minimize the impact of your Workers' Compensation costs. The one-time enrollment fee encompasses all MCO services and we can tailor our program to meet your needs.
If you become injured on the job
Contact your employer's benefits administrator immediately. They will notify you of the next steps and how to seek appropriate care. If your situation is an emergency, go to the nearest emergency department.
Are you a provider? Click here for provider information.