Healthy campaigns and challenges
Workforce wellness doesn’t get any easier than this. If you’re looking for something basic, print a flier or and hang it in your break room to encourage healthy habits. If you want to up the ante, host a wellness challenge or sponsor an on-site flu shot clinic. Choose from simple challenges, such as Step Up or Weigh the Same, both of which can be tailored to your liking. If you’re itching to offer healthier food options, learn how to participate in community-supported agriculture or stock the vending machine with nutritious snacks. Whether you want to focus on nutrition, exercise, weight management or smoking cessation, we’ve got something for every organization.
- Smart snacking – Snacking is an essential part of the work day. Find out how to do it right.
- Healthy meetings – Meetings don’t have to mean donuts and soda. Choose healthy choices for your next meeting.
- Seasonal produce – Learn how you can bring local fruits and veggies into the mix.
- Vending machine guidelines – Give your vending machine a healthy makeover.
- Fruits and veggies (flier or poster size PDFs) – Encourage employees to eat more produce.
- Healthy snacks (flier or poster size PDFs) – Share nutritious snack ideas with your staff.
- Step Up (PDF) – This challenge inspires employees to take steps and stay active throughout the day. Edit the challenge and make it more appealing to your workforce.
- Take the Stairs (flier or poster size PDFs) – This flier motivates employees to reap health benefits by taking the stairs.
- Every Minute Counts (flier or poster size PDFs) – This flier encourages employees to sneak physical activity into their day with small bursts of movement.
- Active&Fit Direct Program (PDF) – This program allows participants to choose from 9,000+ participating fitness centers nationwide and become a member for $25 a month.
- Weigh the Same (PDF) – Challenge employees not to gain any weight during the holidays (or any other time of the year)!
- Think Before You Drink (flier or poster size PDFs) – Educate your staff on how much sugar and calories are lurking in their beverages.
- Quit tobacco flier (PDF) – Let your staff know that they don’t have to go it alone. When they’re ready to quit, we’re here to help
- Other resources – From prescription drugs to tobacco cessation classes to health coaching, we’ve got several options to help employees quit for good.
Creating a culture of wellness within the walls of your organization is essential to the long-term health of your company. With that in mind, we’ve created a workplace wellness calendar to aid your workplace wellness efforts and ultimately empower your employees to take control of their health. Each month includes a featured Providence resource, article, blog post and recipe as well as industry resources such as infographics, mobile apps, quizzes and National Health Observances. Use this calendar to help you plan, promote and implement activities throughout the year to help educate and engage employees in their own health and wellness journey.
Email us if you have any questions or would like ideas on integrating the calendar into your 2019 wellness strategy.
- How to Take Your Business Tobacco-Free (PDF) – Ready to take your business or organization tobacco-free? This comprehensive toolkit is designed to create a healthier workforce while improving your bottom line. From initial planning to evaluation, this resource provides turnkey resources such as sample checklists, timelines, policies and communication plans every step of the way.
Primary Care Provider Toolkit (PDF) - Research continues to demonstrate that employee health and well-being is good for business. A healthy workforce can mean fewer sick days, lower medical claims and increased productivity. Like a trusted auto mechanic, a primary care provider plays a critical part in making sure you and your employees run smoothly. To that end, we’ve developed this toolkit as a means to help you connect your employees with a primary care provider. Inside you will find resources such as sample e-mail templates, and promotional materials such as flyers and infographics, to distribute among your workforce.
- Preventive health care: This multi-page flyer provides a summary of the preventive services covered for health plan members under the Affordable Care Act.