Defend against the flu - get vaccinated!
You can build your defenses against the flu by getting a vaccination. It is particularly important for adults age 50 and older to get a flu shot due to their susceptibility to life-threatening flu complications, such as pneumonia.
Who is at Risk
In addition to mature adults, persons at high risk for complications include:
- Persons age 65 and older
- Residents in long-term care facilities
- Anyone with a chronic disease such as heart, lung and kidney disease; metabolic disease, such as diabetes; asthma; a weakened immune system, and anemia and other blood disorders
- Children ages 6 months to 18 years
- Pregnant women
- Health care workers
- Persons in close contact with those who are at high risk (including all household members)
If you have ever had a serious allergic reaction to eggs or to a previous dose of influenza vaccine, the flu vaccine is not recommended for you.
Where to Get a Vaccine
Make an appointment with your physician or provider to receive the flu vaccine. Also, you can receive a flu shot from a participating pharmacy.
- Fred Meyer Pharmacy
- Safeway Pharmacy
- Providence Plaza Pharmacy: 503-215-6296
- Banks Pharmacy: 503-324-5780
- Malheur Drug
- Vernonia Pharmacy
- Dallas Pillbox Pharmacy
- Yoke's Food Inc.