How to live a longer life
You’ve probably have heard that the 10 tips below are good for you. But, did you know if you follow them you could live longer? That’s right. You don’t need a fountain of youth or a time machine; just follow these simple tips.
- Exercise. Aim for 30 minutes four to five times a week. Talk to your doctor about what is safe for you.
- Get enough sleep - but don’t oversleep. Everyone is different but most adults need seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
- If you smoke, quit. Find smoking cessation resources convenient for you.
- Have a positive attitude. Being optimistic can go a long way.
- Get your health screenings. Visit your doctor and ask what screenings you should have.
- Relax, don’t stress. If you need help unwinding, find some tips here.
- Eat healthy. Follow a diet high in fruits, vegetables and whole-grains. Find tasty heart-healthy recipes here.
- If you do drink, do so in moderation.
- Share your days. Talk to friends and family and get out and enjoy the day with others.
- Maintain good oral health. Brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly. Poor oral health has been linked to heart disease and diabetes.
If you need some help getting started exercising view classes offered by Providence and find discounts on health and fitness activities through LifeBalance.