It's bikini time again and you are suddenly regretting those extra servings and dessert plates you had throughout the winter, but all is not lost. Lose weight by using these simple tips without having to find the time to do them.
- Drink water. Cut out the sugary drinks such as soda, lattes and energy drinks. They add extra calories to your waistline. Water is calorie and fat free, and keeps you hydrated. What's better than that?
- Get enough sleep. Your body needs time to reset itself. Sleep loss is said to do two things, make you feel hungry even if you're full and slow down your metabolism. Aim for seven to eight hours a night.
- Forget the e-mail, get off your butt and walk over to talk to a coworker. Even if your coworker is in the next cube, get up. This will cause your body to use more energy, therefore burn more calories.
- Take your vitamins. Vitamins and minerals can give you more energy to push you to get to the gym or take that walk. Ask your doctor about natural vitamins and minerals that are good for you.
- Weigh yourself. Know your weight and keep track of how you are doing. If you lose weight you should be motivated to continue what you are doing, if you gain weight you should be motivated to do better.
It's no secret that portion control and exercise are the two best ways to lose weight and keep it off, so eat healthy and exercise most days for the results you really want. Talk to your doctor about an exercise program right for you.