Healthy recipes for teens
Managing your weight as a teenager is tricky. Food temptations are all over and you may have noticed that your friends may not have gained weight as you have. That is because everyone is different and everyone metabolizes food differently. Your metabolism is what is responsible for changing your food into energy. This happens when chemical reactions take place in your cells. When this process is happening the energy is released into your body to be stored in your tissue, muscles and body fat. To release that energy from your tissues, muscles and body fat you must be active. The more muscle you have the more fat you will be able to burn. A great way to do so is by exercising. Some ways to get exercise are:
- Play on an organized sports team.
- Ride your bike.
- Go for a jog.
- Get your family involved! Every night after dinner, go for a walk together.
Do you know what you are eating? Keep track of everything you eat in a food journal. Review it to see if you could have made better decisions. Try these other tips to lose weight and keep it off:
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks, such as soda, sports drinks and energy drinks.
- If you’re hungry, eat healthy snacks, such as fruit, veggies, pretzels and butter-free popcorn.
- Try these tasty, healthy recipes from Teens Health to get started with your healthy eating.
Teen years can be some of the most confusing times in your life. New conversations come up about dating, exercising and dieting. You wonder where you fit in. It’s important to know you are not the only one going through this. Check out Teens Health for more information on your body, health, fitness and more. Talk to your family, friends or doctor to help you understand your body changes and to work through your thoughts.