Symptoms of a cold or flu can make you feel pretty miserable. These home remedies may provide temporary relief from symptoms and even help you get back to your daily routines quickly.
- Hot tea can help break up your congestion. The hot fluid can help ease your scratchy throat while keeping you hydrated.
- Vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc may strengthen your immune system or help get rid of viruses sooner.
- Saltwater gargle can help soothe your sore and itchy throat.
- Stock up on the basics including, tissues, lozenges and pain relievers such as ibuprofen (Advil) and acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Chicken soup when hot, produces steam that can help break up your congestion while the fluids help avoid dehydration.
Once you become sick, stay home! Remember, these home remedies may not work for everyone and are not meant to take the place of your doctor’s advice.