October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month and if you are between the ages of 50 and 74 and haven’t had a mammogram in the past two years, it’s time you set up your appointment. Here are some reasons why you should get a mammogram:
- A lump can’t always be felt. Mammograms can catch a lump up to two years before it can be felt.
- The earlier breast cancer is found, the better the outcome.
- It is the best form of early detection.
- It doesn’t take much time. On average, a mammogram takes 20 minutes.
- You don’t want to become a statistic. Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of death among women.
- You will be a role model. If you have a mammogram, women around you will start thinking about getting one.
- It’s safe.
- It can save your life.
Achieve the most accurate test results; on the day of your mammogram, do not wear:
Learn more about breast cancer and mammograms.