Upside-down wilted spinach salad
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil, and sauté onion and garlic until slightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- Add beans and simmer three more minutes.
- Turn off heat and season with pepper.
- Dish into wide bowls; divide spinach among each serving and top with Parmesan. As they are mixed in, the greens will wilt to create a warm salad.
Per serving: 146 calories, 8 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 479 mg sodium