Take a break from boring for breakfast with this south-of-the-border-inspired burrito, which takes just minutes to prepare.
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup salsa, jar or fresh
- Canola cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches round), at room temperature
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Chili flakes to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and skim milk.
- In a separate small pot, combine black beans and salsa and heat on the stove.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook the egg mixture until done on one side, like an omelet, then flip and finish cooking. Cut the cooked egg into four slices.
- Lay tortillas flat and top with eggs, black bean mixture, sour cream, cilantro and chili flakes. Roll and eat.
Per serving: 215 calories, 14 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g monounsaturated fat, 124 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 677 mg sodium