- 8 ounces whole-wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 fresh, large tomatoes, rinsed, cored and cubed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, rinsed, dried and cut into 1/8-inch wide slivers
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese (chunk package), cubed
- 8 pitted black olives, cut into long slivers
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring three quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add spaghetti and cook according to pack directions for the shortest recommended time, about six minutes. (Whole wheat past tends to fall apart if overcooked.)
- Reserve one cup of the cooking water and set aside. Drain spaghetti.
- Add the spaghetti back into the pasta pot. Toss with olive oil and just enough reserved water to coat well.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and olives. Toss gently until well mixed.
- Divide past evenly among four dinner plates (about 2 ¼ cups each). Serve immediately.
Per serving: 342 calories, 13 g protein, 52 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 11 mg cholesterol, 9 g fiber, 233 mg sodium
Courtesy of Keep the Beat Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Dinners