Makes about 14 x
- 1 cup cold milk, whole or 2%
- 1 cup very hot water
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup stone-ground whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Courtesy of Good Food, Great Medicine: A Mediterranean Diet and
Lifestyle Guide by Miles Hassell M.D. and Mea Hassell.
- Combine milk, hot water, honey and oats in a mixing bowl.
(Can be done the night before.) Add oil and beaten eggs.
- Combine flour with salt and baking powder. Add to the liquid
mixture and stir until smooth. Set aside for 30 to 60 minutes to soften oats
and thicken batter.
- Heat griddle and rub with olive oil. Use ¼ to ½ cup of
batter per pancake. Flip after bubbles form but before they pop.
- Serve with butter and pure maple syrup – although they may
not need it! Freeze extras to re-heat for an easy breakfast another day.