- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard (or other mustard)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sweet potato (½ pound) cooked but still firm, skinned and cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1½ cups green beans
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or yellow sweet pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces canned tuna (or salmon) in water, drained
- 2 tomatoes, halved, with each half cut into at least 3 wedges
- 3 artichoke hearts, quartered (canned, packed in water)
- Salad greens, assorted and washed
- Black olives, pitted
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Mix all dressing ingredients in small jar and set aside.
- Peel eggs, remove yolks from eggs and slice whites.
- Coat pan with olive oil cooking spray and sauté green beans, red onions and peppers. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place greens on plates, and arrange ingredients in pinwheel fashion around each plate. Sprinkle olives randomly and offer dressing on the side.
Per serving, with dressing: 265 calories, 22 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 3 g monounsaturated fat, 121 mg cholesterol, 9 g fiber, 225 mg sodium
Courtesy of the Well-Fed Heart