Mango cucumber salsa with curry chicken
Makes 3 ½ cups
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup English cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1½ teaspoons each of lime zest and lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (four to six cloves) garlic, minced
- ¼ cup minced fresh mint and cilantro
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Combine all marinade ingredients and marinate chicken for three hours or overnight before grilling or broiling.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Preheat broiler. Discard marinade and broil or grill chicken until browned.
- Let chicken rest for five minutes before slicing. Serve topped with salsa.
243 calories, 30 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 381 mg sodium
Courtesy of the Well-Fed Heart