DIY pizza: Get creative with cauliflower
Looking for a new spin on homemade pizza? Make a cauliflower crust, and enjoy a few grain-free slices with a fork.
Yields 8 slices
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, basil, sage and/or thyme
- ½ cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until a uniform “rice” texture is obtained.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, add 3-4 tbsp of water and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Strain cauliflower of excess water using paper towel or tea towel-lined strainer.
- Place cauliflower and remaining ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Pour mixture out on non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes, take out and add toppings. Bake for another 5 minutes.
Per slice (without toppings): 38 calories, 4g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 2g fat (1 sat, 0 mono/poly), 4mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 60mg sodium