Cinnamon-glazed baby carrots
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup carrots
- 4 cups baby carrots, rinsed and split lengthwise if very thick (or frozen pre-sliced carrots)
- 2 tablespoons soft tub margarine, preferably trans-fat-free
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the carrots in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to barely cover the carrots. Cover the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, just until the carrots are easy to pierce with a sharp knife.
- While the carrots are cooking, combine margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan, and melt together over low heat (or put in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for a few seconds on high power, until margarine is mostly melted). Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Drain carrots, leaving them in the saucepan. Pour cinnamon mixture over carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the carrots are thoroughly coated and the glaze thickens slightly. Serve warm.
Nutrition information, per serving
Calories 67; total fat 3 g; saturated fat 0 g; cholesterol 0 mg; sodium 149 mg; total fiber 2 g; protein 1 g; carbohydrates 10 g; potassium 260 mg