- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour (white or wheat)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 egg whites or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Beat oil, egg whites and milk together, then add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into nonstick 8x8-inch pan or pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes, or until done.
Per serving: 176 calories, 5 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat, 1 g fiber, 29 mg sodium