Bob's Red Mill recipes
Baked pear oatmeal
Gluten free, soy free, vegetarian
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 cups water or milk, pear juice or apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh pears (about 2 whole)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together water (or milk or juice), eggs, brown sugar, melted and cooled butter, and vanilla extract. Add oat mixture to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in chopped pears.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until set, about 40-50 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Jacob's lentil stew
Diary free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1-1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup diced carrot (about 2)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until soft and beginning to caramelize, 7-10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add Bob’s Red Mill Red Lentils and pearl barley, cumin, parsley, bay leaf, vegetable broth and cilantro. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until barley is soft, about 60 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and finish with lemon juice.
Super snacking popcorn
Makes approx. 20 cups
Dairy free, gluten free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian
- 16 cups popped yellow popcorn or white popcorn
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a very large bowl, combine popped Bob’s Red Mill Popcorn, nuts, seeds and coconut. In a smaller bowl, whisk together maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Drizzle maple syrup mixture over popcorn mixture. Add salt and then gently mix to evenly coat the popcorn and nuts.
- Divide mixture between prepared sheet trays. Bake for about 20 minutes, stopping to stir the mixture and rotate the sheet trays after 10 minutes. If popcorn begins to brown, remove from oven. Let cool completely before serving.
Note: For a spicy alternative, add 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
Millet spring roll salad
Serves 10 (as a side dish)
Dairy free, gluten free, high fiber, vegan, vegetarian
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 cup hulled millet
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 oz. carrots, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups green cabbage, shredded (or Napa cabbage)
- 1 red bell pepper, medium-sized, thinly sliced
- 15 oz. can baby corn, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp. brown sesame seeds
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Rinse millet and add to boiling water. Reduce temperature to medium-low and simmer until grains are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Drain the cooked millet well and combine with the carrot, cabbage, red bell pepper and corn. Add dressing and toss well. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Add the green onions and herbs and mix well. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
For more Bob's Red Mill recipes, visit http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes.
Recipes and images courtesy of Bob's Red Mill.