BLT club salad
Buttermilk dressing ingredients
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely shredded
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¾ cup sliced green onion
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 6 ounces roasted turkey breast, cubed
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut in small wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (roughly one cup)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup packed basil, cut in thin ribbons (chiffonade)
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Whisk the buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest, and vinegar until blended.
- Add the dill and green onions and stir to blend.
- Toss all salad ingredients in the bowl, and dress lightly with buttermilk dressing. Garnish with basil ribbons and avocado.
Per serving of salad: 383 calories, 29 g protein, 46 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat, 13 g fiber, 287 mg sodium, 46 mg cholesterol
Per two tablespoons of buttermilk dressing: 40 calories, 0 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g monounsaturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 32 mg sodium