Asian lettuce wraps
Skip the carryout and prepare your own Asian lettuce wraps, full of heart-healthy and vitamin B6-rich lean ground turkey. Serve as a substantial appetizer, or add a fruit salad for a light meal.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 8 butter lettuce or Savoy cabbage leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, three to four minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned, five to six minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cucumber, mint and lime juice, and set aside.
- Add peanut, hoisin and soy sauces to turkey in skillet. Stir and warm through.
- Place the mixture onto leaves and top with cucumber mixture. Roll up and enjoy.
Per two wraps: 209 calories, 24 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat, 53 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 305 mg sodium