Angelic deviled eggs
Definitely not your mother's recipe, these deviled eggs are an excellent source of protein and are much less devilish because we've replaced half the egg yolks with low-fat cottage cheese.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard or prepared wasabi
- 3 tablespoons nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place eggs in large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool eggs by draining hot water and filling sauce pan with cold water two or three times. When done filling the sauce pan, let the eggs sit in the cold water for five minutes.
- Carefully crack and remove shells, then cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk portions, discarding half.
- Place remaining yolk portions with mayonnaise, mustard, cottage cheese and lemon juice in blender and puree until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Place about one teaspoon of mixture in cavity of egg halves. Garnish with dill weed and paprika.
59 calories, 13 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 107 mg cholesterol, 0 gm fiber, 266 mg sodium