Avoid holiday weight gain
'Tis the season to be jolly but that doesn't mean your belly has to look like the man in the big red suit. You can avoid packing on pounds this holiday season.
- Drink water before eating. Water can fill you up so you don't overeat.
- Take your time. Pace yourself while eating, giving your body time to digest.
- Moderation is key. Watch your serving sizes.
- Socialize. Draw your attention away from the food.
- Limit your alcohol intake. Don't waste your calories on drinks.
- Be picky about desserts. Limit yourself to what will satisfy you.
- Say "no." Don't let others pressure you into eating more than you want to.
- Get enough sleep. The holidays bring on stress for a lot of people. Getting enough rest is important.
- Keep your exercise routine. Everyone's schedule gets hectic but make sure you are still taking care of yourself.
- Walk. Start a new family tradition of walking together after dinner.
Follow these tips and you'll be ready to have all of the fun without the weight gain this holiday season.