What’s the 411 on reform?
While many of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, or ACA, already have been implemented, more changes are just around the corner. If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by all the information and changes coming at you, we completely understand – and we’re here to help.
Visit the health care reform section of our website. Here, you’ll find articles and links as well as frequently asked questions and answers to help you understand what’s changing and when, and what those changes mean for you.
With many of the remaining health care reform changes taking effect January 1, 2014, staying on top of key dates is an important step for members with individual and family plans, small employer plans or large employer plans.
Key dates for individuals and families
- October 2013: Health plan renewal information sent to all current members
- October 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014: Open enrollment* for 2014 plans
- December 31, 2013: Last date of coverage for 2013 plans unless current eligible members notify us by December 16 that they want to keep their 2013 plans
- January 1, 2014: First date of coverage for 2014 plans
Key dates for employer groups
- January 1, 2014: Employer plans effective Jan. 1, 2014, and later must conform to ACA requirements
For more details on health care reform and how it affects you, your family or your business, visit www.ProvidenceHealthPlan.com/reform.
* The time frame during which you may purchase coverage for 2014 is called open enrollment. After March 31, 2014, only people with a qualifying event will be able to purchase health insurance for 2014.