Providence Care Management
Our experts help you find your way to healthy
The registered nurse care coordinators who make up the Providence Care Management team will help you better understand your health so you can take an active role in improving it. They treat the individual, not the condition, to help find what works for you. With our award-winning case and disease management program, you'll get personalized support for your health condition or complex health issue, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD
- Heart failure, or HF
- Coronary artery disease, or CAD
Our nurses also support women throughout their pregnancy and during the post-partum period, as well as parents of a child who needs help managing a chronic condition or illness.
This program is offered at no cost to you. For more information or to learn more about what resources are available to you based on your specific condition, call Providence Care Management at 800-662-1121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members may be referred for care management services by:
Care management services are free to members. Members may be referred through any of the following means:
- Member self-referral
- A caregiver (e.g., spouse, family member, friend or neighbor providing care to the member)
- ProvRN nurse advice line
- Hospital discharge planner
- Disease Management
- Utilization Management
Our nurses provide you with:
- Personalized health education about your medical concern, including information about medications and symptom management
- Advising when and how to call your doctor
- A plan to help you reach your health goals
- Ongoing one-on-one telephone and email support with a registered nurse care manager
- Advice on general health and lifestyle choices to help reduce risks, including nutrition and exercise
- Encouragement to motivate you to take a more active role in your health
- Assistance navigating health care services in your area
Participation is voluntary and open to all Providence Health Plan members. Opting out may be done upon contact with your case manager or by calling 503-574-7500.
From an unexpected diagnosis comes unexpected - and exceptional - support
At age 43, Greg was – and always had been – fit. Lean and a runner, he was preparing for a marathon when a trip to the doctor for a routine physical put him on the sidelines, stunning him and his wife with a diagnosis he never saw coming: type 1 diabetes.
It was a shock to both Greg and his wife, RaeJean, who said her husband went to the doctor but once a year. The only outward signs were that Greg was tired and losing weight – but they chalked it up to his marathon preparation. Both have been overwhelmed with adjusting to this new life challenge – and also, by the incredible support they've received from the Providence Care Management team. From helping to coordinate appointments to tracking down equipment and managing specialist referrals, the team has helped them navigate just about everything.
"It's a lot to try to figure out how to schedule all the appointments – where you have to go, who you have to see," said RaeJean. "They've gone out of their way to ensure we're kept in the loop and that we're getting all the education and training we need to be successful."