As renewals roll out this fall, we wanted to clarify and explain the offers you will be getting, depending on your current group medical plan.
Transitional or "grandmothered" groups
Many employer groups chose to keep their 2012 health plans through 2014. Providence Health Plan is pleased to announce that groups currently on a grandmothered 2012 plan will have the opportunity to keep their plan as described below. The process for groups with a January 1 renewal date differs from those with renewal dates of October 1 to December 1.
Employer groups on 2012 plans (grandmothered or transitional groups)
- Groups currently on a 2012 plan, with current coverage expiring 12/31/14
- Option 1: keep the grandmothered plan through 12/31/15
- Option 2: renew onto a 2015 plan on 1/1/15 with a 1/1/16 renewal date
- Groups with 10/1 to 12/1/14 renewal dates
- Option 1: keep the grandmothered plan with current renewal date
- Option 2: renew to a 2014 plan with current renewal date
Employer groups on 2014 plans
Groups on 2014 plans with renewal dates starting January 1 will be notified that their plans are being discontinued and will be offered a 2015 plan.
- All employers on 2014 plans will receive a discontinuance notice within their renewal letter
- Groups will be cross-walked to the closest 2015 plan
- Renewals will be sent on the regular renewal schedule
Your producer will receive a copy of your renewal letter.
Questions? Please contact your producer directly or call our sales team line at 503-574-6300 or toll-free at 877-245-4077.