Providence dental plans quote assumptions
Shelf rates are valid for up to 200 subscribers.
Must comply with the first three Medical Underwriting Requirements.
- Quoted rates and requirements are based upon the census and other information provided to Providence Health Plan by the producer and/or group. In the event of material changes or errors in the information provided, Providence Health Plan reserves the right to modify the quoted rates and requirements.
- Group must qualify as a large employer with primary legal situs in the state of issue.
- Products are offered on a sole carrier basis only; and Providence Health Plan reserves the right to quote only on a sole carrier basis. If medical and dental enrollment match, minimum contribution requirements are waived and participation requirements defer to the medical.
- If medical and dental enrollment do not match, subscriber level enrollment may vary between medical and dental. A subscriber has three choices:
- Enrolling on medical and dental with matching dependent enrollment;
- Enrolling on medical only with no dental;
- Enrolling on dental only, with no medical.
- A group may implement at most one shelf plan design (multiple plan options not allowed).
- Dental products are offered on a sole carrier basis.
- Any exceptions to the quote assumptions above are subject to underwriting review.
- Must be employer-sponsored coverage (contract is with the employer not the employees).
- Shelf rates are not valid for associations, PEO’s, dental offices, or unions/ multi-employer trusts.
- No carve-outs allowed for shelf rates (e.g., retirees only, management only, etc.).