Blueberry breakfast blast
Serves 1 to 2
This breakfast drink boasts versatility to suit every taste, and it's loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to jump-start your day.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed, or fresh
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- Fresh mint as garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor, blending until smooth.
- Check texture; add ice to thin.
- Serve in clear glasses.
Per serving: 155 calories, 7 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 1 g monounsaturated fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 88 mg sodium
These recipes are featured in Providence's Northwest Guide to Heart-Healthy Living, 10th anniversary edition. Pick up a copy at local retail outlets, or call Providence Resource Line at 800-562-8964 to have a copy mailed to you. Visit www.providenceoregon.org/dish for more helpful resources.